SKAM LA TREK
5407m Skam la, a rarely beaten route is packed with many attractions that reflect by its places’ name depicting the wealth of wild lives and the mythological background of Baltistan.
Some camps where we will stay during this 24 days program are ‘Skinmang’ and ‘Drenmang’ means lots of Ibex and Bears respectively. Still we can observe species of Himalayan Brown Bear and other wild lives that rarely found in the world.
Starting this demanding trek from Askole village, we will come across Nobande Sobande, Choktoi, Panmah, Chiring, Simgang, and Biafo glaciers. Apart from its grand mountain scenery and peaceful environment, this route also offers pure glacial walking.
Let enjoy yourself in the virgin land of natural serenity.
Day 01: Arrival Islamabad – Hotel
Day 02: Fly to Skardu/Drive to Chilas – Hotel
Day 03: Free Day/Arrive to Skardu after noon briefing at Ministry of Tourism Office, Skardu – Hotel
Day 04: Drive to Askole – Camping
Day 05: Trek to Jula – Camping
Day 06: Trek to Shingrsa – Camping
Day 07: Trek to Panmah – Camping
Day 08: Trek to Lami Duksa – Camping
Day 09: Rest day/ excursion to Choktoi glacier – Camping
Day 10: Trek to Shinchapbi Biana – Camping
Day 11: Trek to Skinmang – Camping
Day 12: Trek to Drenmang – Camping
Day 13: Rest day – Camping
Day 14: Trek to Nobande-Sobande glacier – Camping
Day 15: Trek to High camp – Camping
Day 16: Cross over Skam La 5407m to Simgang – Camping
Day 17: Trek to Snow lake – Camping
Day 18: Trek to Baintha – Camping
Day 19: Trek to Namla – Camping
Day 20: Trek to Askole – Camping
Day 21: Drive to Skardu. Afternoon debriefing at Ministry of Tourism Office, Skardu – Hotel
Day 22: Fly to Islamabad or drive to Chilas – Hotel
Day 23: Rest day in Islamabad or arrive Islamabad – Hotel
Day 24: Departure Airport for next destination
1. Airport to hotel on arrival & hotel to airport on departure
2. Hotel accommodation with bed & breakfast in Islamabad on double occupancy basis 03 nights.
3. Islamabad Local Transport
4. Flight ticket or Transportation from Islamabad / Skardu/Islamabad with all trekking luggage’s
5. Hotel to airport on departure for Skardu
6. Skardu Airport to hotel
7. Three nights in Skardu Hotel with full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
8. Jeeps Skardu/ Askoli/ Skardu
9. Wages, insurance, food of cook,
10. Wages, insurance, food, of porter Sirdar
11. Trekking permit fee. $100 per person
12. Full board camping food during trek
13. Briefing & de-briefing in the Ministry of tourism.
14. Mess tent, Kitchen tent, table, chairs & kitchen equipment Member tent and Mattress
15. Assistance in obtaining trekking permit & other documentations
16. Porter payment
17. Camping fees, road taxes & bridge crossing of trekking members & porters
18. Porters Equipment
19. Porter food and kerosene oil for porter
20. Insurance, of porters, Guide, Cook & Helper
21. Wages, Insurance, equipment and Transportation of Guide
22. Karakoram National Park fee
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
1. Sleeping bags, rucksacks and personal clothing equipment.
2. Medication, ground evacuation and helicopter rescue Deposit US$15,000/ charges of any kind.
3. Room services, laundry charges, beverages and items of personal nature.
4. Phone /communication bills.
5. Insurance or liability of any members.
6. Islamabad , Hotel Lunch and Dinner
7. Staff & porters Trip
Terms and Conditions
A non-refundable deposit of $300 or 15% of the tour is required in order to make a reservation with the company. Total balance is due 3 weeks prior to departure. When price once fixed then any extra expenses will be charged to the client.
MODE OF PAYMENT: Bank Transfer:
|Name of the Bank:||Askari Bank Limited Kushu Bagh
|Account Title:||Blue Sky Treks & Tours|
|Account No:||PK19 ASCM 0002 1901 0000 4810|
CANCELLATION & REFUND
Before 3 weeks prior to departure, the deposit is non-refundable. Within 3 weeks, 50%, whichever is less, is non-refundable. once the tour starts 100% is non-refundable. There will be no refund for unused services.
CHANGES TO ITINERARY:
The Blue Sky Treks & Tours have made attempts to make the itineraries accurate but the company has reserved the right to change itinerary under unfavourable conditions. In such circumstances the company will provide similar alternatives. We welcome any changes before final booking.
On treks and safaris 20 kg and on expeditions 50kg will be free.
The Blue Sky Treks & Tours will do its best to make the tours comfortable and secure. However, the company shall not responsible for any kind of injury, damage, death, loss, accident, delays, public disturbances, and all those that beyond our control.
INSURANCE AND TRAVEL RISKS:
It is important for the clients to purchase a travel insurance package in their own country, hence no foreigner will be able to purchase an insurance in Pakistan. Trekking, expedition, tours, safari may involve risks and several other factors that cannot be foretold. Medical emergencies, natural calamities are common in high altitudes and we like to be assured that our clients are insured against helicopter evacuations, trip cancellations, and personal accidents so that they don’t have to suffer.
It is to be noted that the company shall not bear any losses or provide compensation in case the guest’s insurance doesn’t cover any or all aspects of the trip.
|No. of Days:||24|