K2 8611 M
The 8611 meters K-2, the pyramid of Pakistan in the Karakoram chain was discovered in 1856 during a geo-political survey by British explorers, which later became a flash point for the mountain lovers. T.G. Montgomery, Godwin-Austin is the name among few who brought this treasure to the world’s vision. Since its exposure it has been attracting many mountaineers from all over the world. In 1954, an Italian expedition engraved an extraordinary feat on the rocks of K-2 as pioneers.
Day 01: Arrive Islamabad
On arrival Blue sky Treks & Tours guide will transfer you to hotel. Afternoon a sight-seeing trip will take you to the twin cities of modern capital Islamabad and the old city Rawalpindi. Overnight will be in hotel.
Day 2: Flight to Skardu
Early hours transfer to airport for flight to Skardu, which is very spectacular mountain flight but very dependent on weather conditions. Alternately, we take two day drive to Skardu, along the Karakorum Highway. We stay overnight at Chilas, over heading by the Nanga Parbat, the second highest peak in Pakistan .
Day 3: Skardu (275km)
In case the flight operate than we have a free day for acclimatization and preparations at Skardu, the capital of
Baltistan and the gateway to great Karakorum mountains. If we are driving the road journey today will be 7-8 hrs to Skardu (275km) along the Indus River.
On route are spectacular views of Nanga Parbat (8125m), Haramosh peaks etc afternoon the group will attend a briefing session at the Ministry of Tourism Meals and overnight hotel.
Day 4: Drive to Askoli (3000m)
Having an early breakfast we start our jeep journey(7-8 hrs) along the Shigar and Braldu valleys to Askoli village (3050m), the last permanent settlement of Shigar Valley. This seven hours hard drive is an extremely spectacular and fascinating journey through little changed traditional villages and orchards. Overnight in tents.
Day 5: Trek to Jhola(3200m)
After an early breakfast and distribution of luggage among porters, we start the trek (6 hrs) and walk along the turbulent waters of the Braldu River towards Jhola(3200m). Most of the trek is an easy walk on established trails except the rocky snout of the Biafo Glacier which we cross and continue to up to Jhola camp site situated just after the confluence of the Braldu and Dumordo Rivers. Meals and overnight in tents.
Day 6: Trek to Paiju (3450m)
We leave Jhola early for Paiju (3450m). Most of the way is easy mainly at riverside of Braldu River. 7 - 8 hours walking in a hot and dry conditions and crossing many side streams we will reach Paiju afternoon. The Masherbrum group on our right side and whilst ahead of us we gradually begin to see the spires and towers of Trango and Cathedral groups. Today we will also see the snout of the Baltoro Glacier. Picnic lunch will be provided. Dinner and overnight in tents.
Day 7: Paiju (3450m)
A relaxation, acclimatization and preparations day at Paiju. Meals and overnight in tents.
Day 8: Trek to Urdukas (4,200m)
Today we will cross the Baltoro Glacier which is hard but rewarding with the fascinating views of Paiju Peak, Trango Towers, Lobsang Spires, Grand Cathedral, Uli Biafo and many other needle like rock peaks. We cross the glacier to the southern side and continue along an ablation valley to our campsite at Urdukas. Meals and overnight in tents.
Day 9: Trek to Goro (4,300m)
Trek to Goro from Urdukas is easy due to the bare glacier. There are breathtaking views all around us. Heading ahead there are Broad Peak (8047m) and Gasherbrum IV (7925m) on the right side the Mashabrum Group and the left the Trango group of peaks situated. 4-5 hours trekking and overnight in tents.
Day 10: Trek to Concordia (4650m)
After three to four hour trek, today, we will reach Concordia, the Throne Room of the Mountain Gods. All around us guarding by the world’s highest peaks including the K2 (8611m) the second highest mountain in the world, Gasherbrum I (8068m), Broad Peak(8047m), Gasherbrum II (8035m) and Chogolisa (7653m). We will camp at the confluence of the Baltoro and Godwin Austin Glacier.
Day 11: Trek to K-2 Base Camp
Three to four hours trek will take us to the base camp of K2. We will erect our tents for the rest of the climbing period here.
Day 12-52: Climbing
Days 53-57: Return to Askole or Hushe over Gondogoro La and drive to Skardu
Day 58: Morning debriefing at Tourism Office, Skardu. Transfer to airport for flight to Islamabad, in case of flight cancellation, drive (9 hours) to Chilas along the Karakorum Highway. Meals and overnight at hotel.
Day 59: Free day in Islamabad or drive to Islamabad from Chilas for 12 hours.
Day 60: Onward flight
- Airport pick and drop
- Hotel accommodation, twin bed room in Islamabad. Three night's standard Hotel air-condition rooms.
- Flight Ticket or transportation from Islamabad/ Skardu/ Islamabad with all expedition luggages.
- Three nights in Skardu Hotel (bed & breakfast)
- Two nights in Chilas/ Besham hotel (bed & breakfast) incase of flight cancellation.
- Jeeps Skardu/Askoli/ Hushe/ Skardu.
- Wages, insurance, food equipment of cook
- Wages, insurance, food equipment of Assistant cook,
- Wages, insurance, food of Porter Sirdar
- Porter Payment, Low altitude porters.
- Personal Baggage, 75 kg (going time) and 50 kgs (on return).
- Full board camp food during trek & at base camp.
- Mess tent, Kitchen tent, store tent, table, and chairs & kitchen equipment.
- Reconfirmation of international flight tickets.
- Camping fees, road taxes & bridge crossing of expedition members & Porters.
- Porters Equipment's.
- Assistance in obtaining climbing permit and other documentation's
- Briefing and debriefing in the Ministry of tourism
- CKNP fee: US $ 68/per member
- 1000 US$ guarantee pollution fee.
- 200 US$ environmental protection fund.
- Fuel, Tarpaulin, and Stove for porters.
- Kerosene Oil for porter and Members
- Toilet tent and shower tent
- Members will have individual D-4 in Base camp tents, and mattress
- LO insurance, transport, and hotel, equipment and TA/DA.
- Royalty fee and additional member fee
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
- Climbing food, equipment, high altitude Porters wages
- Sleeping bags, rucksacks and personal clothing.
- Medication, ground evacuation and helicopter rescue (US$15,000) of any kind.
- Room services, laundry charges, beverages and items of personal nature.
- Phone /communication bills.
- Insurance or liability of any members.
- Tip to staff
- Custom clearing and forwarding agent's charge.
Terms and Conditions
A non-refundable deposit of $300 or 15% of the tour is required in order to make a reservation with the company. Total balance is due 3 weeks prior to departure. When price once fixed then any extra expenses will be charged to the client.
MODE OF PAYMENT: Bank Transfer:
|Name of the Bank:||Askari Bank Limited Kushu Bagh|
|Account Title:||Blue Sky Treks & Tours|
|Account No:||PK19 ASCM 0002 1901 0000 4810|
CANCELLATION & REFUND
Before 3 weeks prior to departure, the deposit is non-refundable. Within 3 weeks, 50%, whichever is less, is non-refundable. Once the tour starts 100% is non-refundable. There will be no refund for unused services.
CHANGES TO ITINERARY:
The Blue Sky Treks & Tours have made attempts to make the itineraries accurate but the company has reserved the right to change itinerary under unfavourable conditions. In such circumstances the company will provide similar alternatives. We welcome any changes before final booking.
On treks and safaris 20 kg and on expeditions 50kg will be free.
The Blue Sky Treks & Tours will do its best to make the tours comfortable and secure. However, the company shall not responsible for any kind of injury, damage, death, loss, accident, delays, public disturbances, and all those that beyond our control.
INSURANCE AND TRAVEL RISKS:
It is important for the clients to purchase a travel insurance package in their own country, hence no foreigner will be able to purchase an insurance in Pakistan. Trekking, expedition, tours, safari may involve risks and several other factors that cannot be foretold. Medical emergencies, natural calamities are common in high altitudes and we like to be assured that our clients are insured against helicopter evacuations, trip cancellations, and personal accidents so that they don’t have to suffer.
It is to be noted that the company shall not bear any losses or provide compensation in case the guest’s insurance doesn’t cover any or all aspects of the trip.
Fixed Departure K2, 2022
16th June 2022
|No. of Days:||60|